Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blog results for Canadian Bacon over the course of this class



Below are my blog subjects that I wrote about during this course. I tended to follow the chapters of the book and write about subjects from each chapter and what I found was either interesting or an area that I wanted to better understand. I would say risk management, access control and malware were my biggest areas of interest.

Most of my information I gained through the reading of our text book or current events that I was reading during the week. I was surprised when reading the paper or watching the news how many information security crimes there are and how pertinent the subject is to everyday life and not just to people that work in technology.

In examining my blog traffic I was very surprised that anyone would be interested in my obscure blog. I had 264 hits over 12 weeks mostly from a site called viperstat which had 59 hits. I don’t want to research viperstat because I’m afraid it’s a hacker site or something that might target my PC. I was also surprised by the number of hits from Russia and Africa.  


Countries Accessing blog:
US - 165
Russiona - 29
Morocco -1
Germany -12
Pakistan - 12
Indonesia -10
United Kingdom -4
South Africa 3
Egypt -1



No comments:

Post a Comment